Had my body comp measured yesterday and here are the results.
June 27, 2012 September 7, 2012
143 lbs 136 lbs
27.6% body fat 22.6% body fat
39 lbs fat 30 lbs fat
103 lbs muscle 105 lbs muscle
In about 2 1/2 months I:
Lost 9 lbs of FAT
Went down 5% body fat
Gained 2 lbs of MUSCLE
Overall, I’m happy. Ultimately, I want to just get down to a size 6, preferable before we move to China so I don’t need to buy a whole new wardrobe. Maybe this is the first time I’ve had so much muscle. I have a gut feeling that if I wasn’t doing CrossFit, my weight on the scale would be more like 130… I’m excited to see what is hiding under this final layer of blub. As I said before, my guess is Heidi Klum.
The Whole30 is officially over today. I haven’t gorged on anything bad yet. Am saving it for tonight. 🙂 Here is what I plan to take away from this experience.
* Only eat my favorite dairy on occasion. It’s not a daily food. Almond milk has double the calcium anyway.
* No grains unless someone else has made it and I don’t want to be rude. I don’t miss them at all. Or the occasional slice of pizza.
* Sugar. Well it’s just bad, so I’ll keep on reading my labels and being mindful.
* Legumes can be reserved for chili or Mexican dinners.
* NO more Truvia, diet sodas, Splenda or the like. Tastes gross and is like eating poison.
* Fruit is a-ok with me! But try to stick to berries and lower sugar fruits.
* Bacon, hot dogs? Sure! As long as I’m feeing my kids the nitrate free version. (Good luck finding that in China….)
* Chips, cookies, crackers…..see ya!
* Black coffee works for me.
* Booze… as needed. 🙂 Can you say, 4 kids under age 7?
Well, there you have it. Trust me, if I can do this, so can you. Although I was moaning about what little effect the Whole30 had on me, it turns out, it had a bigger impact than I thought. Even if I didn’t lose tons of weight, it got me back on track with eating healthy. It forced me to to look carefully at what I was putting in my mouth. AND most importantly, what I was putting in my family’s mouth.
So Whole30, YES, you are worth it.